Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lighting Images/Inspiration

I haven't quite decided on the lighting theme for the wedding. I am drawn to the moroccan theme for its richness but I also love the idea of paper lanterns and the richness of chandeliers. I might try and give different parts of the night different feels. Like have the cocktail/lounge area have a moroccan theme, and the tent/dance floor have paper lanters or chandeliers. Since my weddding venue is outside and the wedding is at night, the lighting is really important for the feel/mood of the wedding.

I took most of these ideas from http://www.stylemepretty.com/ and www.kenziekate.blogspot.com/.

Lanterns:

Flower balls/lanterns:
Interesting Cherry blossom lights:
Chandliers:


These lanterns are from a British store Graham and Green (so the shipping I am sure is going to be insane). My favorite lanterns are the last of the three images - they are so beautiful.

I like how the light catches these paper lanterns: